All About Us
HomeSend is a leading player in the revolution to transform the way funds flow cross-border. It is designed to work with banks, mobile money operators, money transfer organizations and more helping them modernize the way they make and receive cross-border payments so they can provide a better service to their end-users.
Our backbone is our comprehensive global network which enables ‘paying’ Financial Institutions (banks, mobile money operators, money transfer organizations and more) to transfer funds to ‘receiving’ Financial Institutions in a way that is safe, swift, and cost-effective.
HomeSend is a joint venture of Mastercard (majority shareholder) and eServGlobal that specializes in cross-border payments.
As a legal team we provide best-in-class legal counsel in connection with innovative payment solutions as they are developed, tested and brought to market with both existing and new customers. We demonstrate personal accountability to help lead the business forward through hands-on engagement, partnership and strategic value creation. The ideal candidate is a technology- and payments-minded attorney with extensive common law-based transactional experience, who will develop and implement global licensing and contracting strategies to help ensure HomeSend’s success. The candidate must demonstrate sound business and legal judgment, thrive in a fast-paced environment with a diverse workload, and have a proven track record of providing pragmatic and proactive legal advice. Have you ever developed partnerships with business people to bring a new innovative product to market, and launch it country-by-country, for worldwide reach? Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
- Work with the HomeSend lead counsel to help manage all legal support related to HomeSend.
- Engage with and assist the management team in managing and mitigating legal and commercial risks.
- Counsel stakeholders with respect to HomeSend’s commercial and strategic objectives.
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of common law-based contracts, including complex technology agreements, customer and vendor agreements and service level agreements.
- Work with and assist the HomeSend Compliance team in ensuring HomeSend remains compliant with licensing and regulatory matters, including with respect to PSD2 and GDPR.
- Monitor and evaluate applicable laws and government regulations affecting the operation and activities of HomeSend globally.
- Liaise with external legal counsel engaged by HomeSend globally on a variety of matters.
- Assist the HomeSend Compliance team with the creation of company policies and the creation of training materials and development activities to advance the business objectives in a compliant manner in accordance with such policies.
All About You
- Law degree from a top-tier university in a European country; licensed to practice in a local jurisdiction with extensive experience in drafting and negotiating agreements governed by common law.
- Significant relevant post-qualification experience in general common law-based commercial legal matters in a reputable international law firm and/or as in-house lawyer for a multinational company, preferably in the financial services, banking or technology sector.
- Must demonstrate strong drafting and negotiation skills and confidence in managing complex contracts from start to finish.
- Must have a strategic mindset and be able to effectively discuss with and advise senior management regarding complex legal matters and challenging situations.
- Must be able to contribute and operate effectively within a diverse multicultural organization.
- Should have a positive “can do” attitude, be stress -resistant and ready to go the extra mile.
- Should be a team player who is both organizationally savvy and a strong communicator able to collaborate cross-functionally and across regions.
- Must be able to work independently and autonomously.
- Must be thorough, meticulous and detail-oriented, but nevertheless able to prioritize and focus on the most important matters rather than just urgent ones.
- Should exercise good commercial judgment, be solutions-oriented and have a creative approach to problem-solving.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and its commands
- Fluent in English (both orally and in writing); additional European languages considered an asset, especially French or Dutch.