IT Technical Lead
All About Us
HomeSend is a leading player in the revolution to transform the way funds flow cross-border. It is designed to work with banks, mobile money operators, money transfer organizations and more helping them modernize the way they make and receive cross-border payments so they can provide a better service to their end-users.
Our backbone is our comprehensive global network which enables ‘paying’ Financial Institutions (banks, mobile money operators, money transfer organizations and more) to transfer funds to ‘receiving’ Financial Institutions in a way that is safe, swift, and cost-effective.
HomeSend is a joint venture of Mastercard (majority shareholder) and eServGlobal that specializes in cross-border payments.
The HomeSend’s corporate IT environment complements its production environments and provides the infrastructure and services to support HomeSend teams with usual office and productivity tools, but also some more specialized enterprise applications (ticketing systems, documentation systems) and a secure development pipeline used to build and deliver our own software.
HomeSend is looking for an IT Technical Lead to administer business and technical components running under Linux systems and oversee the smooth operations and evolutions of our Windows-centric infrastructure.
The successful candidate will use his or her professional experience with IT administration and good knowledge of industry’s best practices and processes to play a key role enjoying a wide range of technologies and managing a hybrid Windows/Linux enterprise network.
- Linux OS, database and application administration – automate, update, patch, upgrade, including applications such as Jira or Confluence and small-scale database systems (PosgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Supervise, challenge & control subcontracted and outsourced activities, in particular the helpdesk and Windows-centric administration (Windows domain management) and Mobile Device Management
- Help design IT policies – from documentation to GPO or Intune policies implementations
- Suggest, prototype, improve the systems to make the corporate IT network and services more reliable, secure, manageable and available
- Set up monitoring tools and processes
- Maintain technical documentations up to date
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures
- Occasional helpdesk tasks (support to users with software and hardware issues on site)
- Occasional physical equipment maintenance (SANs, servers maintenance, warrantee management, …)
- Microsoft productivity tools – Office 365, Skype for Business
- Microsoft Azure services and Intune
- Linux system administration (Ubuntu and derivatives); Salt, ELK, scripting
- Network – network design, SDN, Linux & Cisco firewalls, HP switches,
- Cisco Meraki
- VMware and Hyper-V
- Docker swarm, Kubernetes
- Atlassian stacks (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket)
All About You
- 6 years of professional experience in IT Administration
- Previous experience in start-up, technology or financial services preferred
- Strong knowledge of Linux administration
- Aware of Enterprise IT constraints and network designs
- Keen on working with Microsoft technologies
- Fast learner
- Autonomous and accountable
- Dynamic and results-oriented
- Fluent in English and French (written and spoken), Dutch is a plus