Finance Operations Support
All About Us
HomeSend is a leading player in the revolution to transform the way funds flow cross-border. It is designed to work with banks, mobile money operators, money transfer organizations and more helping them modernize the way they make and receive cross-border payments so they can provide a better service to their end-users.
Our backbone is our comprehensive global network which enables ‘paying’ Financial Institutions (banks, mobile money operators, money transfer organizations and more) to transfer funds to ‘receiving’ Financial Institutions in a way that is safe, swift, and cost-effective.
HomeSend is a joint venture of Mastercard (majority shareholder) and eServGlobal that specializes in cross-border payments.
The Finance Data Analyst role will be working within the Finance Team, reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer with a dotted line to the Customer Support Lead.
Activities primarily focusing on helping HomeSend improve transaction reconciliation capabilities (between HomeSend platform data and partners data), monitoring of open balances with each partner as well as strengthening partners reporting feeds.
- Be part of a small Finance Operational team focusing on daily Partner support and balance reconciliations.
- Be responsible for the daily transactional reconciliation process for the HomeSend’s Customer balances (amounts, rates, final status, commissions reconciliation).
- Lead the migration from the manual reconciliation process to a more automated process (tool/Platform project and implementation)
- Be responsible to build close relationship with the HomeSend Customer/Partner contacts to track, monitor and clear discrepancies identified between balances.
- Be accountable for the quality of the data and reporting received from the HomeSend’s Customers.
- Be the interface between the HomeSend Finance and Support teams to treat service fulfillments requests from Customers (queries, ad hoc reporting, reconciliation questions etc)
All About You
- Do you have an interest in the Fintech environment?
- Numbers and high volume of data do not frighten you?
- Do you have strong analytical skills?
- Do you want to work in a collaborative and start-up environment, running a global business?
- Degree in business management/engineering, accounting or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Spoken and written technical English is mandatory
- Demonstrated initiative in building relationships with colleagues and stakeholders from multiple areas
Preferred soft skills
- Comfortable with data management
- Has excellent inter-personal communication skills and can demonstrate a customer-service oriented attitude and a supportive mindset.
- Can display analytical thinking and provide consultancy and guidance to Customers about specific question
- Leadership – Leadership is demonstrated by actions, accountability and results.
- Communicate clearly and appropriately
- Problem solving, prioritization, proactivity
- Organization, time management, work management – Plan and manage your work efficiently
- Ability to work and interact effectively in a multi-cultural team.
- Innovative – Suggest new technologies and/or methods to improve our service and daily jobs
- Teamwork – A good team works as one – locally, globally
- Positive attitude – Positive attitude produces positive results; enjoy what you do