Customer Support Engineer (L2)
All About Us
HomeSend is a leading player in the revolution to transform the way funds flow cross-border. It is designed to work with banks, mobile money operators, money transfer organizations and more helping them modernize the way they make and receive cross-border payments so they can provide a better service to their end-users.
Our backbone is our comprehensive global network which enables ‘paying’ Financial Institutions (banks, mobile money operators, money transfer organizations and more) to transfer funds to ‘receiving’ Financial Institutions in a way that is safe, swift, and cost-effective.
HomeSend is a joint venture of Mastercard (majority shareholder) and eServGlobal that specializes in cross-border payments.
Overview of function
As part of the HomeSend Customer Support team, the successful candidate will full fill two main missions:
- Provide assistance to HomeSend customers relating to their use of HomeSend services. While the Level 1 team is the first point of contact for customers handling the majority of queries, the Level 2 customer support team members handle the more complex customer cases and provide support and training to the Level 1 team.
- Provide operational monitoring and support for services provided to our customers.
All About You
- Provide technical and business-related knowledge to the L1 team to help resolve customer queries, this includes knowledge management (documentation)
- Detect possible service interruptions to our partners and anticipate potential problems
- Root cause analysis (mature problem, configuration, change mgmt., process)
- Analyze service performance trends
- Escalate to appropriate group a detailed issue tracking (ticket), status update to logger (requester)
- Process automation capabilities & detect possible heaviness’s procedural improvements
- Resolve customer queries that have been forwarded by the Level 1 team
- Take ownership by coordinating the feedback to the customer where analysis is required from other HomeSend departments
- Perform customer service monitoring value analysis
- Carry out specific research for technical queries both internal and external
- Coordinate minor configuration changes that must be performed by customers
- Monitoring of specific transactional flows
- Participate in monitoring of internal operational processes
- Creation of system generated alarms to anticipate potential partner service interruptions
Preferred skills and experience
- Has studied at higher education level, can learn fast and is willing to reach autonomy rapidly.
- Can manage stressful situations and is willing to maintain an up-to-date knowledge the company’s systems, products and procedures.
- Has excellent inter-personal communication skills and can demonstrate a customer-service oriented attitude and a supportive mindset.
- Can display analytical thinking and to provide consultancy and guidance to Customer about specific question
- Has proven experience in a technical/commercial/support position, preferably in a service or financial institution.
- Is familiar with common Information Technology Office tools (MS Excel) and is interested in acquiring more knowledge in this domain.
- Can provide training to newcomers and/or customers.
- Very good knowledge of the English language (verbal and written) and any other language is an asset.
- ITIL – certification is a plus
- Basic knowledge of Linux, Splunk, Jira is a plus