Business Development Manager
All About Us
HomeSend is a leading player in the revolution to transform the way funds flow cross-border. It is designed to work with banks, mobile money operators, money transfer organizations and more helping them modernize the way they make and receive cross-border payments so they can provide a better service to their end-users.
Our backbone is our comprehensive global network which enables ‘paying’ Financial Institutions (banks, mobile money operators, money transfer organizations and more) to transfer funds to ‘receiving’ Financial Institutions in a way that is safe, swift, and cost-effective.
HomeSend is a joint venture of Mastercard (majority shareholder) and eServGlobal that specializes in cross-border payments.
HomeSend is looking for an experienced sales professional to manage the development of our sending and receiving network participants in Europe.
You will be joining a young and dynamic team that operates in the FinTech space.
The position requires extensive travel.
• Define and execute a network deployment plan targeting mainly banks in Europe
• Support the business development activities for Mastercard Send Cross-Border on the origination side
• Seek referrals and develop and maintain relationships with clearing partners in the different countries
• Prospect actively to identify suitable partners and support partner qualification process
• Interact with decision makers and other officers of domestic and regional financial institutions to negotiate access to domestic clearing systems in compliance with the required operational, technical and regulatory standards
• Coordinate the end to end onboarding process of new clearing partners across functions
All About You
• Master’s degree in finance or Business (MBA preferred)
• 10+ years of financial services experience and previous sales experience with a track record of delivering results in building and managing a client portfolio. Prior experience as Correspondent Banker desired
• Strong cross border payments expertise, working with regional and domestic partners in the payments space, within the assigned region
• Experience in FX services, SWIFT, ACH systems and local payments standards (incl. regulatory and compliance)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to make presentations to all levels of bank management (with both technical and non-technical audiences)
• Must be self-motivated, assertive, and able to build rapport with new and existing banking partners