Application Support Engineer (L3)
All About Us
HomeSend is a leading player in the revolution to transform the way funds flow cross-border. It is designed to work with banks, mobile money operators, money transfer organizations and more helping them modernize the way they make and receive cross-border payments so they can provide a better service to their end-users.
Our backbone is our comprehensive global network which enables ‘paying’ Financial Institutions (banks, mobile money operators, money transfer organizations and more) to transfer funds to ‘receiving’ Financial Institutions in a way that is safe, swift, and cost-effective.
HomeSend is a joint venture of Mastercard (majority shareholder) and eServGlobal that specializes in cross-border payments.
To support the growth of its business and the increased functional complexity, HomeSend is hiring an application support engineer to join the existing team.
The Application Support Engineer is responsible for effective creation, installation and configuration, operation, and maintenance of the HomeSend application that is at the heart of HomeSend’s service which is deployed as a software and a service in a virtual data center.
The Application Support Engineer ensures that the application and associated middleware is in a healthy state. He participates in root cause analysis when issues arise that are identified to be linked to the application and prepares the environment so that new software releases can be implemented seamlessly with minimal impact to our customers.
The function is based in Brussels with occasional travel to the Meylan Office, near Grenoble (France).
• Maintains application and middleware service performance by monitoring, analysis, performance tuning, and troubleshooting application software and associated middleware management systems
• Prepares the testing and production environments for new software releases in order to implement the HomeSend ‘side by side’ release methodology that minimizes customer impact though is not involved with the actual testing process
• Validates the operational impact of new features being proposed in new software releases
• Proposes improvements to the application and its framework to improve overall operational robustness
• Is continually learning to master the environment as the framework expands with new business functions and customers
• Demonstrates their expertise by providing ad hoc support to the other Operations team functions
• Respects the operational processes and procedures and makes proposals to improve them
• Is part of a team that in turn provide on-call duties outside office hours in the event of a serious issue.
• Performs post-incident analysis with recommendations for avoiding recurrence.
• A function with variation in tasks that requires technical analysis to bridge the business knowledge with the technical framework delivering the service
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new requests and continually looking for ways to improve our overall efficiency
All About You
Technical knowledge & Technical environments
• Linux system knowledge, in particular Oracle Enterprise Linux
• Scripting (preferably Python)
• Knowledge in MongoDB or WebLogic is an asset
Qualifications and experience
• Relevant IT degree or equivalent experience
• Experience in application management and support is an advantage but not a must as training will be provided
• Leadership skills and proactive mindset
• An interest in support activities
• Ability to communicate clearly and appropriately
• Ability to work and interact effectively in a multicultural team
• Spoken and written technical English is mandatory
• Innovative mindset, suggest new technologies and/or methods to improve our service and daily job
• Problem solving skills and results-oriented
• Ability to set up a plan and manage the workload efficiently
• Team player
• Customer focus