AML/CTF and Sanctions Data analyst
All About Us
HomeSend is a leading player in the revolution to transform the way funds flow cross-border. It is designed to work with banks, mobile money operators, money transfer organizations and more helping them modernize the way they make and receive cross-border payments so they can provide a better service to their end-users.
Our backbone is our comprehensive global network which enables ‘paying’ Financial Institutions (banks, mobile money operators, money transfer organizations and more) to transfer funds to ‘receiving’ Financial Institutions in a way that is safe, swift, and cost-effective.
HomeSend is a joint venture of Mastercard (majority shareholder) and eServGlobal that specializes in cross-border payments.
The AML/CTF and Sanctions Data analyst will be responsible to run the day-to-day monitoring controls and reporting for the AML/CTF function of HomeSend, under the responsibility of the AML/CTF and sanctions manager. This role also includes providing technical support and developing small and practical automated solutions for the AML/CTF and sanctions team, where required working hand in hand with other teams within HomeSend (product or development teams) or in a project structure. The candidate must have strong technical skills and feel at ease with data (interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques, …). He must also have strong interest in transactional financial sector and compliance function and must be ready to work in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment.
- Responsible for the HomeSend transaction monitoring (Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in data sets, define rules/alerts, implement them, performs periodic monitoring & ad hoc monitoring activities, investigate alerts, issue Requests For Information with customers and report to AML/CTF and Sanctions manager)
- Be the SPOC for the Customer Care (L1 Customer support) queries related to AML/CTF and sanctions
- Responsible for all AML/CTF and Sanctions reporting & metrics needs (Monthly KPI, group reporting, ad hoc reports, …)
- Responsible to address all tooling needs for the AML/CTF and Sanctions team, where necessary in liaison with other teams and/or external service providers (write requirements for new feature, develop small tools,…)
- Represent the AML/CTF and Sanctions functionin various HomeSend-wide projects (eg: deployment of a new customer database and some automation projects)
- Contribute in increasing and maintaining the expected level of HomeSend’s compliance and compliance mindset
- Support the compliance officer or AML/CTF and Sanctions manager on ad hoc compliance activities
- Provide valuable input to feed the Compliance continuous improvement process (processes, tools…)
- Develop written procedures on reporting and AML/CFT/Sanction controls
- Escalate alerts
All About You
- Fluent in French or Dutch and English (both orally and in writing); any additional European languages will be considered an asset
- Master’s degree in Computer science, Info management, Business, Mathematics, Statistics or other quantitative fields or equivalent by experience
- Computer literacy is a must, including programming skills
- Experience with tools (Access, PowerPivot, …), techniques (Reporting, OLAP, vizualization, descriptive analysis, analytics, pattern analysis,…)
- languages (VBA, SQL, DAX, scripting – PowerShell, Python, Bash,…)related to business intelligence, data models, data management, data analysis and reporting
- 2+ year of professional experience
Previous experience in:
- data analysis and/or
- compliance and/or
- transactional financial sector and/or
- project management or delivery.